Tanya Norton
Have you ever felt like you were just wandering around in life, without a plan, purpose or direction?  That is what the last year has felt like for me.  After finding out that my teaching contract would not be renewed for the following year and my husband's resignation from the church a month later, I found myself on an emotional, spiritual roller coaster ride.  I have spent the last year just existing, not living.  

It has been a difficult ride.  I never have been a big fan of roller coasters, more of the keep my feet firmly planted kind of person.  As I was reading in the book of Psalms the other day, I found a verse that has been tickling at the back of my mind ever since: 

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." Psalm 86:11 NIV

As I read this verse, the phrase "undivided heart" jumped out at me.  Is my heart undivided?  I wear many hats, perform many jobs, balance a lot of spinning plates, but where is my heart?  As I thought it over, I realized the paradox in my life.  The only way I can put my heart into everything I do is to have it fully devoted to God.  That means relying 100% on Him, even when the path is faint and the brambles of life crowd the way.  It means trusting Him to take care of me, even when I don't have a dollar to my name and payday is 2 weeks away.  It means giving Him control, even when I feel everything is out of control.  It may even mean staying on the roller coaster for multiple rides until God's purpose is complete.

My goal for today, and tomorrow, and the next day is to have an undivided heart.  Will I be successful every time?  No, but it is the goal I must reach for in order to be the woman God wants me to be.
3 Responses
  1. MIke Says:

    I love it hun. Great job, and welcome to the blogosphere.

    Oh. .

    And

    first!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    This is wonderful. Welcome to the world of blogging.


  3. Unknown Says:

    I know you meet many challenges. And starting a Blog is great, for you and for us who share your thoughts. I love the title, Undivided Heart. It is appropriate and we love you.


Post a Comment